Amazon Best Sellers
  • Wed. Feb 21st, 2024

Urgent health warning issued to anyone who visited ice rink over weekend

ByReport2

Nov 14, 2023

An ice rink is "temporarily closed" after dangerous levels of carbon monoxide were discovered over the weekend. With visitors reportedly falling ill, the rink is now urging people to "seek medical advice."

Planet Ice announced on social media on Monday that their Widnes rink is closed due to "unforeseen circumstances." The ECHO can report that the popular ice skating rink is closed due to a carbon monoxide leak.

In a statement, Planet Ice told the ECHO: "Following concerns relating to a report of carbon monoxide levels at the rink at the weekend – Planet Ice Widnes is currently closed. The cause of the concern has now been identified and addressed."

READ MORE: First picture of Ashley Dale boyfriend Lee Harrison as photo shown to jury

blackpool wedding photographer, blackpool photography service, blackpoolphotographyservice.co.uk,blackpoolvideographyservice

READ MORE: Win a holiday from Liverpool John Lennon Airport to Madeira, Portugal with Jet2holidays

The statement continues: "In the meantime, anyone who was present at the site at the weekend is advised to seek medical advice if they feel unwell."

allbinsskiphire.co.uk Reading, Basingstoke, Berkshire

The leak coincided with an ice hockey game between Widnes Wild and Solihull Barons on Saturday. After which people in attendance reportedly felt unwell. In a statement on social media Widnes Wild said: "We’re aware of several people reporting varying levels of illness after attending our game on Saturday." Widnes Wild also urged any fans who feel unwell to seek medical attention.

In comments left on both Planet Ice and Widnes Wild's social media posts people complained of headaches and feeling unwell. One person claimed that anyone who is pregnant and visited the venue should "get checked over." While another person commented: "We were checked out [by medical personal] last night following symptoms. The walk in then sent us to A&E."

One person commenting also claimed that a fan had been to hospital and was told he had carbon monoxide in his blood.

Halton Borough Council, the council which covers Widnes, are also investigating the incident. In a statement they said: ""The Council’s Environmental Health Team has attended Planet Ice on Monday November 13 following reports of people feeling unwell after attending the rink on Saturday November 11."

As of writing Planet Ice Widnes remains closed.

If you visited Planet Ice Widnes over the weekend and felt ill contact the Liverpool ECHO at news@liverpool.com.

Don't miss the biggest and breaking stories by signing up to the Echo Daily newsletter here

hydro jelly mask www.goohq.co.uk