Amazon Best Sellers
  • Tue. Jul 23rd, 2024

Two children from Liverpool primary school have died

ByReport2

Jul 10, 2024

Two children have died after attending a primary school that has been dealing with an infection outbreak.

The two pupils, reported to be aged five and six, attended the Millstead Primary School in Liverpool.

The local school has been working with the UK Health Security Agency (UKHSA) and Liverpool City Council after a number of cases of giardia were linked to the school.

But, the UKHSA has said the children's deaths are "unlikely to be due to giardia".

blackpool wedding photographer, blackpool photography service, blackpoolphotographyservice.co.uk,blackpoolvideographyservice

Discussing the incident, Emma Savage, a consultant in health protection at the UKHSA they are "aware of the sad deaths of two children who attend Millstead Primary School and our thoughts are with the family, friends and school community".

Adding: "The deaths are unlikely to be due to giardia."

allbinsskiphire.co.uk Reading, Basingstoke, Berkshire

Local news outlet, the Liverpool Echo reported that the primary school had been closed for a week to handle the infection outbreak.

As Ms Savage added: "Investigations are ongoing, and we have provided information and advice to the school and parents. Public health measures have been put in place to help prevent further cases."

Speaking to Liverpool Echo, the headteacher of Millstead Michelle Beard said: "The entire Millstead School community is devastated to have learned of the sad recent passing of two of our younger children.

"We have sent our sincerest condolences to both of their families. Both children filled their classes with joy during their time with us, and they will forever be in our hearts. We are working closely with our families, staff and pupils to support them as we come to terms with this terribly sad news."

What is giardia?

According to the NHS, giardia (Giardiasis) is "a tummy bug that causes symptoms like diarrhoea, farting and bloating.

"It usually goes away in about a week if it's treated, but it can sometimes last much longer."

They add that the infection can be spread "through direct contact with infected people or animals, or from swallowing contaminated water, food or drinks."

hydro jelly mask www.goohq.co.uk