It's the biggest question on everyone's lips – when will the lockdown end?
From the politicians making the big decisions to the scientific experts advising them, the question that's being posed over and over again is when we can expect measures to start to ease.
We're all well aware that it's a long way off yet – and with good reason as our health service battles to cope with the coronavirus crisis – but it's natural to wonder.
Last week the UK changed its travel guidance, advising against all non-essential global travel indefinitely.
This, however, has not stopped some of the major travel operators speculating as to when normal service could be resumed.
But it's not just airlines and holiday companies that are being hit hard – shops, pub chains and gyms are all feeling the financial strain caused by the health crisis.
Here, we look at what companies are saying about when they predict it will be safe to start operating again.
Travel firm TUI announced several changes to its holiday programme on Wednesday, April 8.
Beach holidays up to and including May 14 and Marella Cruise holidays up to and including May 31 will no longer operate.
A spokeswoman said: "We are constantly monitoring the situation and will start taking people on holiday again as soon as we are able to do so."
Posting an update on Twitter, TUI informed its customers not to contact them, but to head to their website for the latest information.
They said: "These are uncertain times for all of us and we don't underestimate the impact on those of you with holidays booked.
"For that reason, we've made the difficult decision to cancel all holidays up to and including May 14.
TUI's travel promise means you can amend all holidays up to June 30 for free, even if you are due to travel between April 17 and May 14."
Jet2 have said they will restart their flights and holidays in June.
The airline and package holiday company revealed they would be restarting flights on June 17.
But anyone with holidays or flights booked before then had their booking cancelled.
Top news stories
Ryanair has issued an update on flights following Foreign Office warning against travel.
Ryanair will be grounding 90% of their flights in the coming weeks, as they continue operating a small number of flights on a limited schedule.
The budget airline also confirmed to the ECHO they are still operating on their earlier policy which suggests flights will not restart until June.
A statement said: "As most EU countries have imposed flight bans or other restrictions, over 90% of Ryanair’s aircraft are grounded for the coming weeks.
It is something that has, at some point, touched all our lives.
From cradle to grave, the National Health Service, and the incredible professionals within it who care for us, is a part of British life.
Today, more than ever, we should cherish those who dedicate themselves to our care, heedless of their own health as they work tirelessly to care for people in the face of the coronavirus pandemic.
Nurses and others – employed by the NHS and any other part of health and care – we have never needed them more.
So let’s show them some love, and create a living map of gratitude from every corner of Britain.
Click HERE to drop a heart on the map, and show you appreciate the efforts undertaken daily in the NHS.
Thanks a million, NHS workers – we love you.
"We will comply with these restrictions at all times. We are working with EU Governments to try to keep some minimum flight links open for emergency reasons, even though the passenger loads on these flights is very low.
"We are today (April 6) extending this limited schedule by a week to Thursday, April 16."
In a previous statement regarding cancellations, Ryanair said: "At this time, no one knows how long this Covid shutdown will last.
"The experience in China suggests a 3-month period for the spread of the virus to be contained and reduced.
"We do not expect to operate flights during the months of April and May at this time, but this will clearly depend upon Government advice, and we will in all cases comply with these instructions."
Virgin has said the impact of coronavirus on travel plans has been "far-reaching and unexpected," but they are constantly monitoring any possible changes to the situation.
A statement said: "Due to the ongoing situation regarding COVID-19, the Foreign & Commonwealth Office has advised against all but essential travel.
"Therefore, with known airline cancellations, any holidays departing before April 27, and Caribbean Holidays departing before May 1, will not go ahead as planned."
They have also previously posted on Twitter and said: "If you're due to travel between April 17 and the May 31, you will be able to book your holiday any time until December 31.
"In line with the advice from the Foreign and Commonwealth Office, all trips booked from June onwards are unaffected. If this changes, we will, of course, be in touch with you."
The Easyjet website says it has become increasingly difficult for the airline to operate flights whilst guaranteeing the wellbeing of customers and crew.
As a result, easyJet has grounded all aircraft until further notice.
Their statement says: "As soon as it is safe to do so, we will be flying again."
Pubs and restaurant chains
There was confusion earlier this month after a post circulated online claimed that McDonald's would be reopening its branches for Drive-Thru and takeaway services.
The post, which seems to have been an April Fool’s joke, caused quite a stir and left McDonald’s inundated with messages asking if it was true.
McDonald's responded on their social media accounts to confirm that the post was "fake" and that any official announcement to reopen would be on their official page.
J. D. Wetherspoon
After being criticised for saying that pubs should be allowed to stay open during the pandemic, J. D. Wetherspoon owner Tim Martin was forced to close his chain of pubs on March 20.
A statement on the Wetherspoons webpage says at present they cannot answer when they will reopen again, adding: "The government will be looking at the medical information in the course of the next few weeks and that will guide its decision on re-opening."
At present, only stores "considered to stock essentials" remain open in Liverpool city cetre.
These include Tesco Hanover Street, Home Bargains Hanover Street, Home Bargains Lord Street, WHSmith South John Street and a small number of Liverpool ONE restaurants offering a delivery-only service.
No statement has been made regarding any potential reopening dates other than a message on the website saying they "look forward to welcoming you back when the time is right".
The Swedish furniture giants have also had to temporarily close all their stores across the UK and Ireland.
As of yet, there has been no announcement as to when stores may reopen, just a message on the company website saying: "The situation is evolving day by day and we continue to follow it closely in line with government advice".
Leisure and fitness
The UK's largest gym operator with over 500,000 members has currently closed all its gyms following government instruction.
A statement on the website says: "The length of this closure depends on the nature of the coronavirus outbreak in the UK, and we will only reopen when it's safe to do so for our members, colleagues and self-employed personal trainers".
The Liverpool Council -run leisure centres are, like all privately run gyms, currently closed to the public.
A statement on the Lifestyles website offers no speculation as to when things will be running again, and says simply: "Following government advice, all Lifestyles centres are closed until further notice".