Tranmere Rovers have been told to send their players on holiday as the EFL develops a plan to finish the season behind closed doors.
In a letter issued to all Football League clubs, including League One Rovers, EFL Chairman Rick Parry has advised that club training should not resume until May 16, subject to change.
The former Liverpool Football Club Chief Executive warns that there will be no time for players to enjoy a break between the conclusion of the current 2019/20 season and the start of the next one.
The EFL is working on a plan to resume the Championship, League One and League Two seasons in June behind closed doors, with an ambitious plan to play all remaining matches within a 56-day period, finishing in August.
The letter states that it is still the EFL's intention to carry on with plans for the play-offs in each division, with the usual two-legged semi-final and final, although they could not guarantee that Wembley would host any final matches.
Tranmere currently have 10 matches left to play and are sat at the top of the League One relegation zone in 21st place, three points behind AFC Wimbledon with a game in hand.
The financial effect of playing matches behind closed doors could have serious ramifications for Football League clubs but the EFL says that it is working to mitigate the losses.
Last week, Tranmere put some club staff on furlough leave and have asked the playing squad to do the same.