The list has arrived – the one that all new parents dread, fearing they’ll have chosen a name mums can’t stand for their child.
This year’s list of the worst baby names still loved by mums has been revealed, and some of the names actually seem quite normal.
There are no outlandish additions this year, no silly spellings or outdated monikers, instead it's a list of regular names, many of which are actually quite popular, reports the Mirror.
But what makes these names so undesirable? It appears it's just personal preference.
The list was revealed in all its glory on Mumsnet after the site posed the question "What would you never name a child and why?".
Here’s the list of top 10 worst baby names, and the mums did not hold back.
1. Mia – Because it means "missing in action".
2. Lana – As spelt backwards, it looks rather rude.
3. Fanny – "For obvious reasons".
4. Grace – Because "there are very few accents that say it gracefully".
5. Amelia – As one mum "find(s) the 'me' so whiney".
6. Graham – As "it sounds like "Grey Ham'".
7. Flora – One mum admitted: "(it) makes me think of bacteria".
8. Alexa – Because it sounds too much like the virtual assistant.
9. Mercedes – A parent said: "She’s a child not a car".
10. Luna – Because "it's a pet name".
Regardless of these mums’ opinions, the name Luna has been extremely popular in 2020, and has already been included in a list of the most popular names so far this year.
According to the parenting website Nameberry, there have been some new trends emerging – and there several new additions to the most popular names list.
Luna now tops the girls list, the name of the Roman moon goddess.
Chrissy Teigen and John Legend named their little girl Luna, so may be the inspiration before the increase in baby Lunas.
Asher has become the most popular boys name, taking the top spot from last year's winner Milo.
Here’s the list of the top names so far in 2020:
Top girls names
Top boys names