These shocking images have emerged from unfinished Liverpool city centre development Strand Plaza after investors raised fears it may never be completed.
Primesite Developments, the firm owned by Kerry Tomlinson, has begun a two-year "wind down", but says it will "endeavour to finish all current schemes".
He told the ECHO in November that once various developments around the city including Strand Plaza had been finished he would "put [the firm] into a box and tie a ribbon around it".
In May 2017, Mr Tomlinson's firm promised to finish Strand Plaza – a £26m, 135-flat conversion of the former Ministry of Defence office building on the Strand by March 2018.
The building had been bought by Mr Tomlinson's firm Strand Plaza Ltd for £5.5m from Mersey House Ltd, an Isle of Man firm also listing Mr Tomlinson as a director.
Delays prevailed however, and with Strand Plaza going into administration in November 2019, it remains unfinished – despite tenants having moved in.
According to administrators FRP's proposals filed to Companies House, building works ceased in April last year.
The statement compiled by FRP said Strand Plaza has £15.5m of debt, with over £900,000 owed to "related parties" including investors and owners. £33,000 is also owed to the council.
An investor contacted BusinessLive to say that several ground floor flats are "just shells" with no external walls on one side, also complaining of faulty electrical wiring and a basement prone to flooding.
They said: "For the residents remaining, I would like to see the situation resolved – particularly the building and cladding being completed, and the building made safe."
Top news stories
He also said the building had not been registered with the Landlord Protection Scheme prior to the appointment of administrators despite being reported to the council in spring last year – an issue that was later rectified by FRP.
The Companies House document also revealed at the date of appointment, 128 units were completed, with seven incomplete.
A total of 109 flats have been sold.
A statement from joint administrator Steve Williams of FRP said: "We were appointed as administrators of Strand Plaza Limited on October 25; we are not appointed in respect of Primesite.
"Following our appointment, it was evident that the building was part-complete and had a number of remedial and block management issues that needed to be attended to urgently.
"The building, whilst still incomplete is now, in as far as we are aware, fully compliant from a health and safety perspective and we are currently evaluating next steps along with our professional advisory team and will need to establish whether we can secure sufficient funding to complete the development once the current Covid-19 restrictions have been lifted.
"When we became aware of the fact that the directors had not registered with the Liverpool Landlord Protection Scheme we met and spoke with Liverpool council and rectified that, notwithstanding its imminent wind down."
Other Primesite-led developments include Herculanuem Quay and The Rise.
In February, investors told BusinessLive they fear losing their life savings after the company behind The Rise, a prominent city centre development went into administration.