Everyone loves a crispy roast potato and now a foodie has shared his recipe to get the perfect roastie.
Often roast potatoes can come out of the oven floury, too oily, too soft or lacking their crispy outer layer.
But with this recipe, failure is not an option.
Home cook Justin Taylor, 40, a supervisor for an outdoor company, shared his recipe on Facebook.
And Justin’s trick to get the perfect roasties is to use honey and mustard – reports Daily Star online.
He shared some snaps of his roast potatoes next to a pile of juicy sliced gammon.
He captioned the post: “Honey and mustard roast potatoes. Then Nutella bricks for dessert.”
Lots of people commented on the post, but were most impressed by his golden potatoes.
Here’s how to recreate Justin’s potatoes.
- Peeled and chopped white potatoes (however many you desire)
- Two teaspoons of Colman’s English mustard
- Four teaspoons of squeeze honey
- Black pepper and salt to taste
- Grind the pepper into a bowl and then add the mustard – blend them together.
- Then, add the honey to the bowl.
- Pre-heat a roasting tray with oil and two tablespoons of butter and salt.
- Add the potatoes to the tray and baste with the honey mustard mixture.
- Cook until 20 minutes before they’re ready and baste again.
- Continue to baste every five minutes to keep them crisp.
And his fans on Facebook clearly agreed.
One person said: “They sound amazing – my mouths watering just reading that.
“Can’t wait to try them!”
And another said: “Yes, please,”