A Merseyside non-league club will see the return of the football fans this weekend "who have supported them through difficult times" in lockdown.
Prescot Cables FC, which plays in the eighth tier of English football, usually welcomes loyal fans, residents and away sides to their ground, which first opened in 1906.
But since March, like many other non league clubs, Prescot Cables has felt the impact of the lockdown and were hit particularly hard as they lost all revenue streams.
Receive newsletters with the latest news, sport and what's on updates from the Liverpool ECHO by signing up here.
The club has had to rely on the generosity of fans donations to ensure that there would "still be a club for people to come back to" once it was safe to do so.
And tomorrow, Saturday, August 22, Prescot Cables will finally see the return of football with fans since for the first time in months, for a pre-season friendly with Radcliffe.
Co-club chairman Matt Roberts said: "In March when the lockdown happened everything got closed.
"It wasn't just the football side of it, it was the function side of it as well. We lost every bit of income.
"It’s been really tough. We’re a family at the end of the day.
"There’s no such thing as fans as such, they are that – but we’re a non-league football family."
With no games being played since March 14 and the rest of the season cancelled, the club lost a quarter of its matchday income, as well as feeling the impact of the closure of its function rooms.
In June, Mr Roberts told the ECHO that the biggest problem was the uncertainty over when the club would be able to start playing again, with the government focused on getting the Premier League and and Championship back under way.
Enter your postcode for details of what's going on in your area
Since then, Prescot Cables has played two pre-season friendlies, one away and one at home without fans, but the atmosphere hasn't been the same.
Mr Roberts said: "‘It was very strange, so I can't imagine what it was like for the players. You score a goal and there’s no-one there cheering.
"We’ve had matches were we’re losing and the supporters are behind us and we’ve turned it around and scored two goals."
For tomorrow's match, 200 tickets have been made available online on a first come, first served basis and attendees have been given an allocated timeslot to ensure there is not excessive queuing on either Hope Street or Eaton Street.
Details on purchasing will also be stored for track and trace, as per government advice and volunteers will be on site to ensure safety is upheld.
Adhering to government guidelines, there will also be a one way system in place around the ground and hand-sanitising stations.
Mr Roberts said the club has worked hard to put everything in place, but that it is vital they get it right first time around.
He said: "We’ve said to everyone 'we’ve put all this in place but we need your support on the match day because we’ve only got one chance at this.'
"If it goes wrong we can't just fix it next time. We could face sanctions from the League, the FA or the local council.
"The fans, volunteers and the players – their safety is paramount to us.
"There’s a lot of pressure on to make sure everything is safe but I think it will be even more worthwhile to see the fans turn up."
Despite feeling "mixed emotions" about tomorrow's match, Mr Roberts thanked the fans for their ongoing support, which saw donations through an online crowdfunder, as well support from Knowsley Council and other governing bodies.
He said: "From the board of directors, we can't thank the local community and fans enough for what they’ve done for us.
"We don't do this for personal gain, it’s purely for the love of Prescot Cables and everyone has supported us through these difficult times."
Tickets will be available from 6pm tonight, Friday, August 21. To find out more click here.