Mum with kids calls police after couple perform sex act in street

A mum with her baby and teenage son called the police after seeing a couple performing a sex act in public.

The mum was with her 12-month-old daughter and 13-year-old son when they spotted the couple, on June 4, in Southport.

Jenny Beresford and Shaun Anderson were charged with outraging public decency after they were seen by the family.

Anderson, 33, of Leicester Street, Southport, appeared before Liverpool Magistrates' Court on June 5 where he pleaded guilty to two offences.

Zilch - No Credit Check Finance

He admitted outraging public decency by removing his trousers and partaking in a sex act as well as drinking alcohol in a public place – putting him in breach of a criminal behaviour order.

Jenny Beresford appeared in court on July 13 where she admitted outraging public decency.

Andrew Page, prosecuting, explained how the young family came across the couple on Mornington Road at 5.30pm in the evening.

Beresford was heavily intoxicated when the incident took place, the court heard.

wirral airport transfers

The 44-year-old, of Bath Street North, represented herself in court, and told District Judge Paul Healey she had suffered from misuse of alcohol.

Shaun Anderson, 33, was jailed after outraging public decency and breaching a criminal behaviour order

Beresford has a number of previous convictions including in assaulting a police officer in 2010, battery in 2011, criminal damage in 2012 and ABH in 2016.

However in the intervening two years she had not been before the court as she had stopped drinking.

When the incident took place she had relapsed into alcohol misuse following a bereavement after which she became homeless, although the court heard she is now staying with a friend.

Enter your postcode below to read about crime statistics in your area.

Judge Healey described the incident as "really appalling" for the young family, saying "no child should be subject to that".

Beresford was ordered to complete a 12 month community order during which she must undertake six months of alcohol treatment and up to 20 days of work with probation.

An eight week curfew was also imposed and Beresford was ordered to pay costs of £85 and a victim surcharge of £95.

At an earlier hearing Anderson was ordered to serve a six month prison sentence, imposed following the aggravating factor of his previous offending.