A mum has said the pain of being stung by a jellyfish was worse than childbirth.
Zosia Majewska was swimming in the early morning on Moreton Beach yesterday when she was stung on both her legs and arm.
After what she described as "hours of agony" she was transferred to Arrowe Park Hospital.
Zosia said: "I was trying to manage the symptoms myself with vinegar, [a] hot bath, paracetamol, antihistamines, ibuprofen, [but] I developed symptoms like unconditional twitches and spasms and decided to call 111.
"They rushed an ambulance to my house and after few minutes they arrived.
"[The] two paramedics were absolutely lovely and helpful, they gave me a shot of antihistamines and took me to Arrowe Park A&E."
While waiting for treatment, Zosia said she was "crying with pain".
She said: "In hospital I was waiting for hours until I got any treatment while I was sitting in a waiting room.
"All that time I was crying with pain."
She was then seen by a doctor who made a thorough neurological assessment as the twitches and spasms continued even after Zosia was given pain medication.
Zosia said: "The pain eased off later in the evening and I was released home."
Now the mum wants to share her warning with anyone enjoying Merseyside's beaches this summer.
She said: "To all people swimming in the sea, be very careful and wear a wetsuit when going into the water.
"I have had some painful experiences in the past, including two childbirths and two leg operations with bones being broken, but it was nothing compared to the pain I have experienced yesterday.
"I feel fine now, just little sting on areas affected."
Zosia added: "I didn't even see what caught my legs and then my arms and at first it felt like seaweed prick. Only after I left water it started to burn."
The RNLI were contacted by the ECHO for comment.
Earlier this month, Wirral Coastguard rescue team issued a warning to beachgoers.
Keep up to date with locals news in your area by adding your postcode below
On August 7, they said: "There have been reports over the last two days of a higher than normal amount of people who have been stung by jellyfish on the Wirral coastline.
"Whilst most of these have been minor stings that have been self treated, some have been more serious and have resulted in people having to attend the Emergency Department at Arrowe Park Hospital.
"No specific location for all the occurrences has been highlighted however there have been some reports of jellyfish stings at New Brighton beach."
Receive newsletters with the latest news, sport and what's on updates from the Liverpool ECHO by signing up here.
Michael Buratti, Station Officer, added: ”If you are going to the beach, we would advise you to be careful if entering the water and if you see a jellyfish, try and avoid coming into contact with it.
"If you have any concerns about jellyfish, you can ask a Lifeguard for advice."