There are 14 people who face murder charges in Merseyside and are due to appear in court this year.
Already Liverpool Crown Court has heard a number of murder cases, including the recent trial following the death of Warren Glover
His ex girlfriend, Melissa Stubbs, her brother, Aaron Stubbs and their friends Peter Walker and Stephen Strutt were found guilty of a "joint enterprise murder" and were jailed for life for murdering the 33-year-old dad of one.
A mum who stabbed her boyfriend in the heart and was jailed for murder successfully appealed the sentence and admitted manslaughter ahead of a retrial.
Farieissia Martin was told she could be out of prison by Christmas after already serving nearly seven years after she was convicted of murder. She accepted stabbing her childhood sweetheart Kyle Farrell with a kitchen knife during a drunken row.
These are the latest murder cases yet to be heard at Liverpool Crown Court this year.
Mihai-Catalin Gulie and Gabriela Ion accused of murdering their six-month-old son
Two parents accused of murdering their baby boy are due to stand trial later this year.
Their six-month-old baby boy, Robert Ion, suffered serious head injuries and a skull fracture and sadly died.
When he was found unresponsive, on Thursday, February 18 this year, police attended his home on Mersey Road in Widnes.
He was taken to hospital in an ambulance where he later died.
Gulie, 28, and Ion, 35, were arrested following the little boy's death and were later charged with murder.
When they appeared in court both Gulie and Ion both denied murder.
They are due to stand trial on October 4 this year and were remanded into custody until that date.
Kevin Ashton accused of murdering Helen Joy
Kevin Ashton is accused of murdering a mum-of-three in a Leasowe flat.
The body of Helen Joy was discovered inside the flat on Twickenham Drive on February 1.
The 54-year-old was sadly found shortly before 11am after which Ashton, 45, was charged with her murder.
Ashton, also of Twickenham Drive, last appeared in court on May 4 when he denied the charge.
He appeared on a video link from HMP Altcourse wearing a grey sweatshirt and spoke only to confirm his plea of not guilty.
Ashton is due to face a trial on October 4 and was remanded into custody.
In a tribute her three children revealed the impact of her death.
They said in a statement: “The news of our mum’s death came as a massive shock to us all and we are all heartbroken."
Joshua Morgan accused of murdering Paul Morgan
A man is charged with the murder of a dad-of-four found stabbed to death.
Emergency services were called to Prince William Street in Dingle at around 4.30pm on Saturday September 19 last year after reports Paul Morgan had been stabbed in the chest.
The 39-year-old Liverpool FC fan was taken to hospital, where he died from his injuries.
Joshua Morgan, 21, also of Prince William Street, was subsequently charged with murder and possessing a knife, blade or sharply pointed article in public.
He denied the offences during a hearing at Liverpool Crown Court and is now set to stand trial on October 18.
We have launched a Facebook group to bring you the latest stories from court all in one place.
It will feature reports from Liverpool Crown Court and cases connected to Merseyside.
To join and get updates, click here.
You can also follow our court reporter's Facebook page.
Mr Morgan's partner of more than 20 years, Lisa Robinson, paid tribute to the devoted dad and said he "was never without a smile".
She said: "Paul was a devoted father to his four children, Ben aged 16, Kaitlyn aged 15, Summer aged 13, and Rhys aged 11.
"Anyone that knew Paul would agree that he was never without a smile, and always had a story to tell. Paul worked on building sites around Liverpool, and was a massive LFC supporter."
She added: "He was my loving partner for over 20 years, and we all love and miss him so much."
Mohammed Diakite accused of murdering N'Taya Elliott-Cleverley
A teenager is accused of murdering a 20-year-old woman in Wavertree.
N'Taya Elliott-Cleverley's body was found at an address on Prince Alfred Road in the early hours of Friday, January 29.
Nigel Diakite, also known as Mohammed Diakite, was arrested the following day and subsequently charged with murder.
Diakite, 19, of Prince Alfred Road, Wavertree, appeared at Sefton Magistrates' Court in February this year.
During a hearing at Liverpool Crown Court on Friday (May 21) the case was adjourned until July 16.
Tributes to the young mum read: "Can’t believe this has happened to such an amazing, gorgeous friend.
"Thinking about Tay's family, St Julie's girls, her gorgeous baby girl and friends. You will be missed by so many people.
"We will all keep our memories close. Goodnight our mini Beyoncé we love you."
Four accused of murdering Thomas Edmunds
Three men and one 16-year-old boy are accused of murdering a Kirkby dad.
Thomas Edmunds was found unresponsive at his home on Clorain Road at 10.30pm on May 9.
Mr Edmunds was found at the home and taken to hospital where he sadly died.
A post mortem examination confirmed the 36-year-old died of asphyxiation.
Terence Bennett, 34, of Sovereign Hey, Croxteth, Thomas Broadhurst, 32, of Regal Road, Croxteth and Kevin Nethercote, 48, of Regal Road, Croxteth, have all been charged with murder.
A 16-year-old boy, who cannot be identified for legal reasons, has also been charged with murder.
They will next appear in court on July 30 where it's expected they will enter their pleas.
A provisional trial date has been set for November this year and is estimated to last three weeks.
In a moving tribute Mr Edmunds' family said: "Our Tommy was loved by everyone.
"He could not enter the room without making everyone smile. He was the life and soul of the party.
"We cannot express how devastated we are as family.
"As a family we have taken comfort from the lovely response from the community and thank them all for all their support.
"Tommy will be sadly missed but never forgotten."
Four accused of murder and drugs conspiracies
Four men who are accused of murder and drugs conspiracies are set to appear in court again later this year.
Vincent Coggins, Paul Woodford, Michael Earle and Edward Jarvis allegedly plotted to murder "unnamed individuals".
Coggins, 54, Woodford, 55, Earle, 44, and Jarvis, 55, are said to have conspired to kill these people between May 23 and June 16.
They are all charged with conspiracy to commit murder and to supply class A drugs.
A provisional trial date has been set for November 15 this year.
Teenager accused of murdering Connor Dockerty
A 14-year-old boy has been charged with the murder Connor Dockerty.
Police were called to Kingsway in Huyton on April 19 at around 8pm after the 23-year-old from Litherland was stabbed in the chest.
Mr Dockerty sadly died after being taken to hospital after which the 14-year-old was charged with murder and remanded into custody.
A 15-year-old boy was also charged with manslaughter and was also remanded into custody.
They will next appear at Liverpool Crown Court on June 11.
Heartfelt tributes were laid at the scene on Kingsway, where one read: "Never enough to describe how much your [sic] gonna be missed lad, can't believe it, fly high bro. Rest easy, Con".
Another message read: "Heaven's keeping you safe now. Rest easy, Love Hol xxx"