James Martin issued an update on his cancer battle towards the end of his show in Liverpool last night.
The popular presenter thrilled the crowd as his entertaining tour show arrived at the Philharmonic Hall on Monday. The ECHO was in attendance as the This Morning chef treated the audience to a jam-packed evening that comprised of cooking demonstrations, audience interaction and musical performances from his band, Midnight Ramblers.
The 51-year-old issued a thankful message to the audience as the performance drew to a close as he revealed he celebrated a special milestone this week. He said: "On a personal note, I just wanted to say thank you for 30 years of television."
The tour will end with a grand finale performance at the London Palladium on Sunday and James revealed he will then be taking some time to recover after the show as he undergoes treatment for cancer.
James received a standing ovation from the Liverpool crowd as he revealed he is hopefully coming to the end of what has been difficult time. He said: "For me personally, I've been through a lot of s**t with cancer but I'm getting sorted at the end of next month.
"I will be back fighting at the end of February but I'm going on a little bit of a break to get that sorted. I just wanted to say thank you for all your support and all your messages."
James issued a statement on social media platform X earlier this year to reveal he was diagnosed with facial cancer several years ago. The statement was in response to reports the presenter was asked to change his behaviour at ITV following complaints about the treatment of crew members.
He said: "The end of 2017 was one of the most fraught and difficult periods of my life. I was dealing with the death of my last living grandparent, my grandfather, and on account of work commitments I could not attend his funeral.
"Later that month I was burgled at night by a team of masked men, who entered my house while my partner Louise was at home alone and I was away working. I was devastated that she had to go through that alone.
"On top of this I was then diagnosed with cancer on my face and I had to have surgery, which I couldn't do until two days before Christmas when we had finished filming. Since then it has returned on several occasions and I have to have regular treatments.
"After all this stress I was in a very emotional state, and when after filming in early January 2018 I discovered my home had been flooded while filming, I was extremely upset. I can only say I am human and following a build-up of personal life pressure, I admit that I overreacted regarding the damage to my home."
Receive newsletters with the biggest and breaking TV and showbiz news by signing up here