Heartbreak for man, 27, ‘too young to die’ after car park fall

Heartfelt condolences and tributes have been paid to a young man who died after he fell from a car park.

Emergency services were called to the Pyramids Shopping Centre, Salisbury Street, in Birkenhead, at around 2.30pm yesterday afternoon.

Despite the work of emergency services, the 27-year-old died from his serious injuries a short time later.

Merseyside Police has confirmed the man's family have been made aware and are being supported by specialist officers.

Zilch - No Credit Check Finance

An investigation is being carried out into the incident but officers say the man's death is being treated as unexplained but not suspicious.

Dozens of people have paid their respects to the man, and offered their sincere condolences to his loved ones.

Receive newsletters with the latest news, sport and what's on updates from the Liverpool ECHO by signing up here.

Jennifer Heggarty wrote: "Thinking of all his loved ones and God bless."

wirral airport transfers mersesysideairportservice.co.uk

Susan Middleton wrote: "My heart goes out to his family xxx RIP young man."

Jan Thomas said: "So very sad to hear. I'm sending my condolences to his family, RIP young man."

Rachael Howell wrote:" Sincere Condolences to his family. I was in town when this happened, it's so sad."

Cheryl Jackson added: "So sad.

"Hope his family get the support they are going to need.

"Rest in peace. 27 is too young xx"

Keep up to date with local news in your area by adding your postcode below:

Moey Sampson wrote: "Thinking of his family and friends on your very sad loss xx RIP xxx"

In a statement, the force said: "We can confirm following an earlier incident in Birkenhead, a 27-year-old man has sadly been pronounced dead.

"The man’s next of kin have been informed however he has not yet been formally identified.
"His death is currently being treated as unexplained although is not believed to be suspicious."

In an earlier statement, a spokesperson for Merseyside Police confirmed that officers were at the scene and a cordon had been put in place around the area.