Plans for a dual hotel on Duke Street are set to be approved by Liverpool Council at a meeting this week.
Liverpool Suffolk Street Hotel Limited's proposals for an eight-storey hotel were submitted last year but members of the council's planning committee have been recommended to approve the plans on Tuesday.
The new hotel would be built on an area just off Duke Street which used to be a multi storey car park but is currently used as a surface level car park.
If approved, construction on the building, which would be split into a 130 bedroom hotel and a 125 bedroom hotel could go ahead.
A report submitted to committee members says that seven local businesses and ward councillor Steve Munby have objected to parts of the plans, arguing that the building is too high compared to others on Duke Street and is out of keeping with the historic nature of the area.
Despite this, officers recommend members approve the plans, with the report indicating there have not been objections from Historic England.
The report says: "The hotel proposal will enable the efficient regeneration of a long-term urban brownfield site, and in doing so create a vibrant and inviting local environment.
"Subject to appropriate management and mitigation it will contribute towards a complimentary mix of uses in this area."
In the same meeting, committee members will also decide whether to approve a controversial zip wire from St John's Beacon.