In the UK, the government has advised Brits to stay at home and social distance to stop the spread of coronavirus.
While many celebrities have followed the rules, some have been caught breaching the restrictions.
Receive newsletters with the latest news, sport and what's on updates from the Liverpool ECHO by signing up here
This includes failing to self-isolate, hosting parties and making non-essential trips.
During the UK's three lockdowns, rules have varied, but one consistent law highlights that it is a criminal offence to leave your home or be outside of your home without a reasonable excuse.
Here are some of the celebrities who have appeared to break lockdown rules during the pandemic.
Rita Ora was condemned by fans after failing to self-isolate following a trip to Egypt and throwing a birthday party the next day in London on November 21.
In a statement at the time, she said: "I recently flew to Egypt to perform at a corporate event for a private company, where my travel party followed protocol and presented negative Covid tests upon entry, as required by Egyptian authorities.
"Upon my return to Britain, I should have followed government advice and isolated myself for the required period. As you know, I didn't follow government advice and for that I apologised earlier this week. I apologise again, unreservedly.
"While I realise the apologetic words of a pop star might not carry much weight, especially one who has broken the rules like I have, I do realise that some might seek to follow my example. My message to them is simple: Please don't.
"The guilt and shame I've carried this week for my mistake aren't worth it. Instead, continue to listen to the government advice and the voices of the heroes of the NHS and take the required precautions. I will take the criticisms coming my way because I deserve them."
Kay Burley was dropped from Sky News for six months after admitting to breaking Covid rules during a night out for her 60th birthday.
Political editor Beth Rigby and north of England correspondent Inzamam Rashid will be off-air until March after attending the bash.
According to the BBC, Kay was with 10 people attending a restaurant on Saturday before she briefly entering another restaurant.
She reportedly moved on to a private residence where individuals from at least three households mixed
Kay posted on Twitter: "I have today agreed with Sky News to step back from my broadcasting role for a period of reflection.
"It's clear to me that we are all in the fight against Covid-19 and that we all have a duty to stick firmly by the rules.
"It doesn't matter that I thought I was Covid-compliant on a recent social event. The fact is I was wrong, I made a big mistake, and I am sorry.
"Some dear friends and colleagues – some of the most talented and committed professionals in our business – have been pulled into this episode and I regret this enormously.
"I was one of the founding presenters on Sky News. No one is prouder of our channel's reputation, the professionals on our team, and the impact we make.
"I very much look forward to being able to continue my 32-year career with Sky when I return."
Last month, Love Island's Zara Holland apologised to the people of Barbados after allegedly breaking Covid rules on holiday on the island.
In a statement issued by a representative of the family to Barbados Today, Zara said: "I firstly wish to apologise to the entire country of Barbados for what has been a massive mix up and misunderstanding during my most recent stay."
The 25-year-old said she was "working closely" with officials after she was taken into custody at the airport.
Zara said: "I am currently working closely with the local authorities to rectify any issues on my part and will issue an update and full statement which I think is the only right thing to do to the Government and citizens of Barbados.
“I have been a guest of this lovely island in excess of 20 years and would never do anything to jeopardise an entire nation that I have nothing but love and respect for and which has treated me as a family."
Zara appeared in a magistrates court on the island on January 6 charged with breaching quarantine rules.
The reality show star received a £4,417 fine ($12,000 Barbados dollars).
Amanda Holden said she was "devastated" she had to break lockdown rules to visit her elderly parents in Cornwall, according to her agent.
The Britain's Got Talent judge said she made the trip on February 12 after receiving a "distressing telephone call from her elderly father on Friday afternoon", he said in a statement.
He added: "Amanda is aware that all families are going through difficulty during these turbulent times but received a distressing telephone call from her elderly father on Friday afternoon.
"On balance, Amanda felt the round-trip to Cornwall was necessary to contain the matter at her family home.
"Amanda did not act on a whim and has adhered to Covid rules every step of the way in all three lockdowns.
"Amanda is aware of the travel rules and is devastated she had to break them on this one occasion."
Amand's parents had both been vaccinated and she was being tested weekly and so "felt she was not putting her parents at risk", the statement added.
Boris Johnson's father Stanley flouted coronavirus rules in September after failing to cover his face at newsagents in West London.
Stanley admitted to the Mirror he was “maybe not 100% up to speed” on the rules, having just returned from being abroad.
Stanley, 80, said: “I was picked up by a black cab around midday, and I was probably masked in the taxi.
Enter your postcode below to find the latest figures where you live
“I asked the taxi driver to stop at a shop so I could pick up a copy of The Times.
“I had business at the Langham Hotel, doing an interview.
“I was whisked from one part of London to another and it’s true the taxi driver offered to pick up the paper for me but I said I would do it.
“I ran out the car and picked up the paper and if that’s the case (that I didn’t have a mask on in the shop) then I hold my hands up and I plead guilty.”
Boris Johnson's former aide became a nationwide hate figure earlier this year after it emerged he travelled from London to Durham in the middle of the first lockdown.
In May, it emerged that Mr Cummings made a 50-mile journey to Barnard Castle while he was apparently isolating with coronavirus symptoms in Durham, at a time when the public was advised to stay home.
The senior aide claimed he made the trip on Easter Sunday, with his wife and young son in tow, because he wanted to test his eyesight to see if he was fit to drive after suffering from coronavirus symptoms.