Anfield roads remain closed in the wake of house shooting

Multiple roads in Anfield remain closed off by police this morning after shots were fired at a house last night.

Police were called to Burleigh Road North at around 9pm on Monday where officers recovered evidence that a gun had been used.

The shooting caused damage to the window of a house which, according to local residents, contained a child and an older woman at the time of the shooting.

Police officers were spotted at the scene of the shooting on Tuesday morning with Burleigh Road North and Robson Street cordoned off.

Zilch - No Credit Check Finance

This morning, scientific support vans were spotted alongside police cars within the cordon.

Neighbours reported hearing what they "thought was a firework" at around 8.45pm, before hearing a series of further bangs.

Witnesses also described hearing what sounded like a motorbike engine at around the same time.

Armed police were dispatched to the scene following reports of a gunshot and police later carried out forensic enquiries.

wirral airport transfers

Detective Inspector Amy Smith, of Merseyside Police, said: "Although nobody was injured, to fire a gun towards a home is incredibly reckless and could have resulted in tragedy.

"These are the early stages in our investigation and we’re looking to find out exactly what happened and why.

"If you live locally and saw or heard anything suspicious around this time, or have CCTV or dashcam which captures those involved and any vehicles, come forward.

“Although we have seen recent reductions in serious violent crime, one gun fired is too many. We’d appeal as always to those communities affected to tell us what you know, let us take positive action and keep targeting those people who bring weapons onto the streets.”

You can pass information via our social media desk via Twitter @MerPolCC or Facebook ‘Merseyside Police Contact Centre’, with reference 1067 of 20 July.
You can also contact the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously, on 0800 555 111 or via their online form at: