Winter has well and truly arrived, and with it comes the dreary weather we’d rather be kept at bay.
Luckily, Liverpool has plenty of things to do when it's raining, from restaurants serving comfort food to cafes specialising in board games.
But there are some things which only happen in our city when it rains, and many of them are just so Liverpool. Did we miss anything? Let us know in the comments below.
How have your family days out changed since lockdown? Take our quick survey here
Below we’ve listed 19 things guaranteed to happen when it rains in Liverpool.
- There’ll be red Liverpool ONE umbrellas everywhere
- That one person in shorts. There’s always one.
- Shoppers hiding in doorways. And running between then when the rain lets up a little.
- But town is still booming. Always.
Enter your postcode to find places in your area taking part in Eat Out To Help Out:
- People arguing over taxis on Hanover Street.
- That one man getting soaked because he’s too proud to use an umbrella.
- People getting splashed by cars along the Strand.
- Pubs will be packed – any excuse for a pint!
- Your mum will make a pan of Scouse.
- Or a roast if it’s Sunday, of course.
- People panic-buying umbrellas from anywhere and everywhere.
- It’s the only time the entertainers on Church Street won’t be there.
- Primark will be wall-to-wall. More so than usual.
- There’s absolutely no chance of an Uber.
- Brook Street will be closed off because the winds are too high.
- Kids will be out on their bikes anyway.
- Shoppers will be buying new PJs – because there’s no chance of leaving the house again after this.
- Chippies will be busier than usual – who’s cooking in this weather?
- Groups of girls will still be heading out into town – and without a coat too.